Old 10-10-2006, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Eleagnus ebbingei

In article ews.net,
Sue writes

It's fairly fast growing as well, at least the green one is; I haven't
grown the variegated ones. We planted it to fill a gap in a line of
shrubs along our side boundary and it's soon made a dense 8 - 9ft
screen and seems to take any amount of pruning in its stride. I find it
quite a handsome evergreen, and the scent is a real bonus. It ought to
make a good alternative choice to, say, laurel for a hedge where the
tightly clipped look isn't necessary.

Can you train/prune one to a small tree as you can with Buddleia
Alternitfolia. I'd like to grow one but it would be nice to make a small
tree rather than shrub so I can underplant.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph