Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Sending plants to France by post

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
news
Can anyone tell me whether I can send a small package of seedlings to
France. Are there restrictions? I have recently stayed with
relatives who live inthe south of France and would like to send them
some of my surplus for their garden.

Pam in Bristol

I think there are "supposed" to be certain restrictions depending upon what
plant and what department in France they are being sent to. Have a look on
the DEFRA website - they list varieties of plants with restrictions on them.
From memory I think there are restrictions sending brassicas to Brittany for
example. However, from what I can gather, most of the Brits who have moved
here have brought all their plants here with impunity and customs have never
confiscated any. I assume the same restrictions or lack thereof would apply
to posted items too.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk