Old 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray[_1_] Ray[_1_] is offline

Default Lighting... again....

I am a believer in those "Sunshine" or "Sunlight" tubes with the Chroma 50
phosphor. The PAR is apparently greater than most other off-the-shelf
tubes, as indicated by the reddish hue the leaves can get, which is a
byproduct of high light intensity. They are only slightly more expensive
than daylight or cool white tubes and considerably less expensive than
aquarium/plant lights.

"Unknown" wrote in message
Hello everyone..... specially the lighting gurus...

I just changed my fluorescent last weekend and I bought GE 48 inch, 40
watts, T12 fluorescent for plant / aquarium, 3100 K, 1900 lumens, CRI 90.

I grow mostly Phal and that would be ok for my needs. But I noticed other
fluorescent tubes called Sunshine, 40 watts, T12, 2250 lumens, 5000K, CRI
90.
I was wondering if 4 of those sunshine tubes would be enough to grow
oncidium and catts ?

Thanks

Claude