Old 12-10-2006, 01:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
Kathryn Vickers Kathryn Vickers is offline

Default My mulberry tree got hit by the frosts

Hi there.
At the beginning of August I planted a mulberry tress (a couple of years
old, from a nursery) in my yard. It was going really well with leaves and
flowers and things until the two nights of frosts that we had about 2 weeks
ago (the ones that have got the fruit growers groaning). Leaves and flowers
died. I'm not sure if the tree's rooted (so to speak) as I'm not willing to
cut a little off to see.

Any experience with this before? I'm assuming the plant's ok, but I haven't
seen any evidence of new growth yet.

I'm fairly new to this gardening lark and trying to learn as I go. I live in
Thurgoona (near Albury), and have at the same time planted a quince, a
pommegranate, and 2 medlars. These all seem to have survived the frosts.

Thanks for your help

Kathy