Old 12-10-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default acorns

"J. M. Russo" wrote in message
My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops hundreds of
acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches extend over my property.
Its a task to hand pick these acorns up since the lawnmower does not. I
also thought I might use the leaf/vacumn blower but the directions
prohibit vacuuming hard things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up?
Thank you.
Josephine

Shop vac. On the cheap ones, the hose sometimes does not have swiveling
collars at both ends. This makes them a pain in the neck to use because the
hoses are forever getting twisted. Be sure to check this feature before
buying.