Old 12-10-2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default acorns

My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops
hundreds of acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches
extend over my property. Its a task to hand pick these acorns up
since the lawnmower does not. I also thought I might use the
leaf/vacumn blower but the directions prohibit vacuuming hard
things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up?
Thank you.
Josephine
Old 12-10-2006, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

"J. M. Russo" wrote in message
My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops hundreds of
acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches extend over my property.
Its a task to hand pick these acorns up since the lawnmower does not. I
also thought I might use the leaf/vacumn blower but the directions
prohibit vacuuming hard things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up?
Thank you.
Josephine

What about getting a leaf rake? Something with wide plastic tines, so the
acorns can't slip between the tines.

-S

Old 12-10-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

"J. M. Russo" wrote in message
My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops hundreds of
acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches extend over my property.
Its a task to hand pick these acorns up since the lawnmower does not. I
also thought I might use the leaf/vacumn blower but the directions
prohibit vacuuming hard things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up?
Thank you.
Josephine

Shop vac. On the cheap ones, the hose sometimes does not have swiveling
collars at both ends. This makes them a pain in the neck to use because the
hoses are forever getting twisted. Be sure to check this feature before
buying.

Old 13-10-2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

"J. M. Russo" wrote in message
My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops hundreds of
acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches extend over my property.
Its a task to hand pick these acorns up since the lawnmower does not. I
also thought I might use the leaf/vacumn blower but the directions
prohibit vacuuming hard things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up?
Thank you.
Josephine

Use your leaf blower and blow the acorns and leaves into a pile to be picked
up.

Old 13-10-2006, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Food For Thought hypothesized :

Use your leaf blower and blow the acorns and leaves
into a pile to be picked up.

=====================

You've done this yourself and it worked well for you? Or
did you observe others doing this and it worked well for them?

Old 13-10-2006, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Gideon" wrote in message
news

Food For Thought hypothesized :

Use your leaf blower and blow the acorns and leaves
into a pile to be picked up.

You've done this yourself and it worked well for you? Or
did you observe others doing this and it worked well for them?

It would work on a smooth surface. Maybe the tree can be convinced to only
drop acorns on the driveway.