Old 12-10-2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] is offline

Default Help

In article ,
"MY WORD" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
news
MY WORD wrote:
Does anyone know how I can cause a cedar to die so I can cut it down?

I know this is the wrong group but I don't know what group to ask in.

ok... stupid question... why does it have to die before you can cut it
down??

At a guess, I'd say it's probably blocking the light from his house or
in the way of something he wants to build, but he can't cut it down if
it isn't diseased or dead. In UK we have laws about stuff like that,
trees can have preservation orders on them.

Steve

You've got it in one! I'm in a park and my unit is right up against a row
of cedars. One has about 5 trunks and blocks all light from my kitchen.
No tree cutting allowed unless dead.

You could salt the roots... but you will not be able to grow anything
else there for years.

A biodegradable herbicide should also work if used in sufficient
quantities.

Personally, I'd welcome the shade! Saves me on electric bills cooling
the house.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.