Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Scented plants

"Judy Rigby" wrote in message

I'm planning to fill a bed just outside the back patio doors with
scented plants. It's south facing & about 5' x 10'. In height I'm
looking to a maximum of about 3', but mostly lower growing plants.

I'd like a mixture of shrub, perennial & some annuals & self-seeders.
Can anyone help me out, please, by adding to the list of possible
candidates:

I'd put a couple of sweet peas up the wall as well. Matacuna (sp?) or
Painted Lady have the best scent.

I'd be a bit careful planting too many different scents in one place as well
as they may not mix well and you'll end up with something like the perfume
section in a department store - they always give me a headache. Lots of one
or two may be better.

Martin