Old 13-10-2006, 07:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow Gregory Morrow is offline

Default Dehydrating tomatoes

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

In article . com,
"James" wrote:

Picked up a food dehydrator for $5 at a thrift shop. Still drying my
first try. It's been on over 24 hours. Some are still not done while
some on the bottom tray are toasted. I couldn't slice them a uniform
thickness. Don't know if I'll get any more ripe tomatoes for a second
try It probably cost me a quarter a batch for the electricity. Can't
wait till next year's crop to do more drying.

Rotate the trays every 12 hours...

Move the bottom trays to the top and the top trays to the bottom.

Works well for me with Dill and Jerky.

What, are these two new guys you're dating!?

Seriously, can't you also dehydrate stuff in an oven...???

--
Best
Greg