Old 13-10-2006, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] alice@fearofdolls.com is offline

Default Blackberry question

Well I decided to get rid of it, but I coulnd't get all the roots...I
dug a ways down and just ended up cutting what I could see and burying
what was left...I hope it won't come back.

Cathy Boer wrote:
My advice - GET RID OF IT before it takes over! Just spent 6 hours cutting
them back in a small part of my dad's yard - then there's the 500' driveway
with them lining it, plus the bottom 2 acres. The blackberry is a smart
plant - it sends long shoots over everything and down to the ground where
the end starts its own root system. Do not encourage blackberries!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have in the yard of my new house a plant that I've been told might be
a black berry bush, fast growing thorny vines and plain green leaves.
But there are no berries. If it is such a plant, is there something I
can or should do to help it sprout berries? It's been 5 months now, and
of course the season is probably over now, but I'm wondering why there
were no berries all summer. Could it be something else?