Old 14-10-2006, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mindy Lister Mindy Lister is offline

Default Caladium help!

"JW" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, my grandmother would like to plant caladium, but lives in the UK. I
don't know anything about these bulbs, but would like to buy her some.
Is there a winter variety, or should I wait until spring to send some
to her? I have gone online and looked at some and am now totally
confused! Thank you!

I'm not in the UK but do know they'll die if the tuber freezes. I wait
until frost nips the tops. I snip off the dead foliage and being them in for
the winter. They're kept in a cool room until spring.