Old 13-10-2006, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Msg. for Charlie re trees in Madeira

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 13/10/06 11:34, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 13/10/06 09:30, in article
, "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

Do you mean the Kapok trees? Chorisia speciosa

That's it! Thank you. A lot of them were in flower while we were

there and
several were going over, so their flowering period must be long and
staggered. They're really beautiful.

Later in the year, the seed pods open , looking exactly like big
lumps of cotton wool.

Don't remember any of those, so we must have seen the 'going over' ones

just
before that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

The green pods were just starting to split when we were there so you only
just missed them.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk