Old 14-10-2006, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bluebell bluebell is offline

Default tomatoes

wrote:
jakell wrote:
hi,
can anyone help. I grew tomatoes this year for the first time and have got some nice sized fruit, but they are not going red. Took one off the plant as it's stem was broken and within a week it was red. Do they all need to be picked before they will turn red????

A regular question this time of year. Google this group at
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.gardening/ and put "green
tomatoes" in the search box to give loads of previous answers and
recipes. I've never found windowsills or dark drawers effective,
though it sounds as if it might work for you. I just fry 'em in
vegetable butter substitute (because that's what happens to be around).

Chris

can you eat green tomatoes i thought they were like green potatoes
which we cant eat? I have lots of green tomatoes and I am looking for
a chutney recipe