Old 15-10-2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Garlic questions

George wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:27:11 -0400, Steve Calvin
wrote:

MY WORD wrote:

Poughkeepsie, NY here - just put mine in this morning

--
Steve
Fergus, Ontario

Put ours in last week.

I was late this year by about 2 weeks. I usually like them
to have sprouted 2 inches or so before the cold weather
really hits. Some may question that but every year that I've
done it I've gotten larger and stronger garlic for some
reason. Don't ask me to explain it, 'cause I can't.

How cold does it get? Do you have consistent snow cover?

We can get to -10 to -15dF but it's not usually that cold.
As for snow cover, it depends on the year. Sometimes we
never see the "grass" all winter and other years the snow
comes and goes.

--
Steve