Old 15-10-2006, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Just wondered if anyone else's plants are flowering when they shouldn't be?

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm sure I have plants that are flowering at the moment that don't
normally at this time of year. I have one primrose and a couple of
bluebell plants that are flowering. My roses are still flowering and a
couple of them seem to be having a second or maybe third flowering
session and I'm sure this doesn't normally happen. Please tell me I'm
not alone and also that this won't affect flowering for next year.

Gail

Fear not -you are not alone. Nothing you have said is that unusual .Must
admit I haven't seen bluebells in Oct.
On the more exotic front Bamboos are pushing up new culms by the score, Tree
ferns are pushing out new fronds and Bananas and Gingers are continuing to
flower and grow at an alarming rate. It's a mild autumn.
Within a month everyone will be saying we have had the worst November since
records began.
I seem to remember that last year was equally strange--makes life more
interesting.