Old 16-10-2006, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Weeds

"Gill Matthews" wrote in message
wrote in message

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to get rid of weeds and

grass
from a rather large sloped area in my garden?

as weeds like twitch and dandelions make excellent root cuttings :-(

Why aren't dandelions considered to be a meadow flower?

I've always liked dandelions and have always left them in the garden
(and I'm interested in the hstory of food and in self sufficiency so
they also get a thumbs up with me for that aspect).

Mu husband hates them and keep spreading them by trying to dig them
out (I don't tell him he's really multiplying them :-)) so I was
delighted to show him the picture from "The Garden at Highgrove" where
Prince Charles has them in his wildflower meadow.