Old 16-10-2006, 09:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] benaud2@gmail.com is offline

Default Urgent advice please - young magnolia damaged

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. Came home today to find the young puppy has
broken my new 1m tall magnolia pretty much in half along the main stem.
For the most part it was joined by a brief bit of bark, now it is
completely unattached.

What are my options here.. the base is still intact and has a branch
below the break. I am assuming this will continue growing but how
strong will it be and whatabout its final form?

Can I repot the top half of the break in the hopes that it grows roots?

Can I join them together with some sort of binding medium?

Thanks in advance...