Old 16-10-2006, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Sedum

I heard something on GQT on R4 on Sunday saying that sedum was difficult to
get, and all you got nowadays was some inferior variety.

Is this true?

I have told someone that I would kindly build them a green roof on their
garage, idiot that I be. I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but I was going to
put a rubbery membrane on it, build round the sides a bit, fill it with
compost and plant sedum and maybe some alpines etc, in a Norwegian stylee.

You can't walk on the roof, it's asbestos or similar, so I can't be weeding
it either. I understand that I can put chicken wire over the top which stops
certain wildlife eating the roof, but I think that would be ugly in the
extreme.

Any ideas/tips/pointers/books/articles on the subject would be very welcome.

Thank you

Clueless Unc