Old 16-10-2006, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Rose "Prince Igor"

On 15/10/06 23:59, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Years ago, I found a rose label drifting in the rose bed unattached to
any rose. It said "Prince Igor".

I've been unable to find any information of this rose despite years of
looking. It's not in the Botanica or any of the other multiple rose
books I have. I've also tried google but get nothing but Stravinsky.

Does anyone know anything about this rose? I am wondering if it might
be a rich deep blood red rose that I can't identify (mind you, I also
have others but I think the name sounds more like a red than a pale
lemon one I can't identify)

Here you are, it's a Meilland bred rose:

http://www.hortico.com/roses/view.as...catno=FLPRNI10
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk