Old 16-10-2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Device for compacting leaves?

"Jim Hatfield" wrote in message
When the leaf-fall season peaks I will be able to collect six full
binbags of leaves every week. In the past this wasn't a problem but my
charmless local council have now introduced wheelie bins and removed
all flexibility from the waste collection.

I'm looking for something which can compact the leaves down to a much
smaller volume. I have seen such things for sale in the USA:

http://www.nextag.com/Mulcher-57780851/prices-html

Is there anything like this available in the UK?

Why not just leave them in the bags and let them rot, then you can use them
as compost?

Alan