Old 16-10-2006, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default growing a tree from a cone

Bob Hobden wrote:

I suspect a female Rhus typhina in which case don't think about planting one
they will eventually spread everywhere by sending up new growth from surface
roots. We had to remove/poison ours, it was coming up everywhere including a
neighbours garden the other side of our drive.

You murderer you!!! ;o)

But if KK hasn't seen any suckers yet, he/she will never see them. Or
will he/she?! Asuming that it's male (the tree not the poster) would
you cut off a bit of root and root it that way? I'd buy one myself ... !