Old 17-10-2006, 01:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default urban legend? Avocados and parrots

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day trish,

that would appear to be what they where alluding to hey??

the mind boggles as to how many birds of teh parrot family are dying
due to avacado orchids let alone home gardeners, and why only the
parrot family is their system distinctly diffeent from other birds?

dunno sometiems when we see things on tv one wonders if there isn't a
barrow being pushed in the interest of vested interests?

len

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:47:38 +1000, Tish
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.gardenlen.com

I would have thought we'de hear a lot more about this if it was
true....wouldn't that mean legions of parrots would be dropping dead
anywhere there was an avocado tree or orchard? Wouldn't wildlife groups be
hitting the farmers, and everyone else, over the head with it by now? I
can't imagine them standing by and watching the carnage continue, so I am a
leeetle suspicious on this story!