Old 16-10-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default What are the Broadview and Buccaneer walnut trees that youcan buy

On 16/10/06 21:06, in article ,
"farmer_giles" wrote:

Are they just purely a type of Juglans Regia grafted onto a black
walnut Juglans Nigra ???

Or what ???

If they are not grafted why are they so expensive.

I've asked Ray about this and we can't answer you. All I can tell you is
that we sell J. nigra, potted, about 8' tall for £22.

Or better still where can I buy one at the cheapest price in the UK
(lower than £20). As I do not see any for sale as bare rooted.

I hope the above will help you with price comparisons but for more detailed
info, I suggest you contact:
Kevin and Pat Croucher, Thornhayes Nursery, St Andrews Wood, Dulford,
Cullompton, Devon EX15 2DF,UK
Tel:01884 266746 Fax:01884 266739
www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk

I don't find either of the varieties you name on their site but I couldn't
recommend better people to talk to. We have absolutely no connection with
them, BTW.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk