Old 17-10-2006, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Paul is offline

Default "Azada" alternative to spades, anyone?

In message -hctertsdd, David D
Stretch writes
My Chinese relatives normally use a different kind of digging tool than the
typical kind of spade that most people in the UK would use. I was persuaded
by them to buy one.

snip
We do not seem to have any English name for the
implement.

A Chillington hoe is a name I've heard.

They are also popular in Mediterranean countries such as Spain, Italy,
Greece. I have one, which I bought in Spain, as do several people on
our allotments, who are Greek, Italian : )
I find them good for breaking hard ground and chopping up lumps of clay
soil.

--
Paul reply-to is valid