Old 17-10-2006, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default greenhouse: flece or bubble wrap?

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:01:41 GMT, "Peter Sutton"
wrote:

Which is better: bubble wrap or fleece, for greenhouse insulation?

No question - bubble wrap.

Thanks. I've bought a roll but how do I fit it? Do you do vertical
strips or horizontal, or doesn't it matter?

It came with clips that fit the grooves in the aluminium frame but
there are not any groves on the corners. How do you attach it at the
corners?

Thanks.

If you have wooden joinery (which I doubt) as uprights in the corners you
can use a staple gun but put a strip of plastic packing tape (the stuff that
is used to bind boxes) down the length of the upright on top of the bubble
wrap and staple through them both. When you want to remove the bubble wrap
simply pull the packing tape down. Most of the staples will come away with
it.

Plastic packing tape is also good for underfloor insulation or building
paper.

rob