Old 17-10-2006, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Rose "Prince Igor"

On 17/10/06 08:38, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message
from "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow contains these words:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Meilland developed the lovely Peace rose and if you haven't read the

book
For Love of a Rose, I think you'd enjoy it very much.

Funny you should mention that, a friend has been trying to lend it to
me for ages! I've been saying 'no' as all I can cope with at the
moment is Lilian Beckwith and Miss Read. I'm still a bit Chemo fog
brained to read anything else.

I don't think you would have a problem. It is a lovely story in its own
right - even if one doesn't take on board all the history side of the story
first time round.

Sacha mentioned it a year or so back on urg and I bought it then.

.... now to whom did I lend it? Well obviously someone who has not
returned it. (

Jennifer - about to look on Amazon to see if she can get another copy.

I do hope you can! In fact, you've reminded me to remove my copy from the
tea room bookshelves. It's fairly hard to get now, though second hand
bookshops must get it from time to time. Last year, an extremely honest
customer came up to me to ask if he could buy my copy. He'd started to read
it while sitting in our garden, waiting for his wife to go round the
nursery. He was so hooked he didn't want to leave it behind. Regrettably,
I had to tell him I really couldn't part with it so he came back two or
three times to finish it!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk