Old 17-10-2006, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams michael adams is offline

Default protection from frost

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message
Hiya

A more apropirate title would have been canes, but didn't want to attract
the nutters hehehe!

Anyway I was wondering if there is such a product as canes and join
attachments for fitting them together, having trouble explaining what I

mean
here.

Short lengths of discarded thin (ribbed type) garden hose can be used
to join canes together at most angles. Always worth looking out for
in skips etc. To join two top members to one upright, tie two hose
segements together with string or garden wire.

michael adams

What I want to do is stick some canes in a row of pots, and put fleece or
bubble wrap over that, for frost protection of plants in pots outside.

Was
wondering if there was such a thing as a plastic cap to join the sticks
together. Wish I could draw what I mean.

When my children were small they had a wendy house of which the frame
fitted together with sticks, plastic caps with holes in them to join the
sticks together which made a frame.

Thanks