Old 17-10-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default protection from frost

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message
Hiya

A more apropirate title would have been canes, but didn't want to attract
the nutters hehehe!

Anyway I was wondering if there is such a product as canes and join
attachments for fitting them together, having trouble explaining what I
mean here.

What I want to do is stick some canes in a row of pots, and put fleece or
bubble wrap over that, for frost protection of plants in pots outside.
Was wondering if there was such a thing as a plastic cap to join the
sticks together. Wish I could draw what I mean.

When my children were small they had a wendy house of which the frame
fitted together with sticks, plastic caps with holes in them to join the
sticks together which made a frame.

Thanks

There is a product called buildaballs that might do what you want in several
catalogues/websites

Gill M