Old 17-10-2006, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Rose "Prince Igor"

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
from "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message

Meilland developed the lovely Peace rose and if you haven't read

the
book
For Love of a Rose, I think you'd enjoy it very much.

Funny you should mention that, a friend has been trying to lend it

me for ages! I've been saying 'no' as all I can cope with at the
moment is Lilian Beckwith and Miss Read. I'm still a bit Chemo

fog
brained to read anything else.

I don't think you would have a problem. It is a lovely story in its

own
right - even if one doesn't take on board all the history side of

the story
first time round.

I'm sure I could read it but the trouble is retention at the moment.
I'd like to be able to remember it whereas it doesn't matter if I
forget the Miss Read or Lillian Beckwith content because I know I'll
reread them again in a few years time.

.... now to whom did I lend it? Well obviously someone who has

not
returned it. (

Isn't that a pain?