Old 18-10-2006, 09:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
wawwiz wawwiz is offline

Default Concord Grapes and Purple leaf Plum Trees

Ok this might be a little long but please help if you can. I finally
after 30 years have bought my first home with a large yard, I want to
plant the following and want to know if it will work in these
conditions, Location Far north Texas, Sherman area zone 7-9.

I want to grow some concord purple grapes for home canning and home
use, is there a seedless variety and how many years before they have a
yeild of any kind?

Second, ornamental plum trees (deep dark purple leaf trees) I was told
years ago they are fruitless, however I have not only seen these trees
bear fruit, the fruit was deliciuos, just where can I purchase these
fruit trees, don't see them in any of the normal catalogs. And if they
are available how long before the first harvest. The source for the
ones I tried is not available at all so it's like a search into the
unknown,

Any help would be appreciated

Rusty