Old 18-10-2006, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Dish Detergent as Herbicide Wetting Agent

Charles P Lamb wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

I use it and it works, especially on clover which sheds the herbicide
almost immediately.
They used to make a wetting agent that was meant to be mixed with
herbicides. I remember it was a small bottle (about 3 oz.) containing a
dark brown liquid that looked like overused motor oil. I couldn't find
it anymore on the shelves.

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY