Old 18-10-2006, 06:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Dish Detergent as Herbicide Wetting Agent

I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

Old 18-10-2006, 01:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Charles P Lamb wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

Manufacturers spend a lot of time formulating these products for
correct application. You're better off just following their
instructions.
Frank

Old 18-10-2006, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Charles P Lamb wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

I use it and it works, especially on clover which sheds the herbicide
almost immediately.
They used to make a wetting agent that was meant to be mixed with
herbicides. I remember it was a small bottle (about 3 oz.) containing a
dark brown liquid that looked like overused motor oil. I couldn't find
it anymore on the shelves.

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 18-10-2006, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Charles P Lamb" wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help
prevent the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is
this likely to work?

Yes.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 21-10-2006, 04:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo wrote:
"Charles P Lamb" wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help
prevent the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is
this likely to work?

Yes.

And they still make the commercial products designed for the same use
too. Any good lawn/garden center or agri supply should have it.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old 21-10-2006, 04:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo wrote:
"Charles P Lamb" wrote:
I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help
prevent the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is
this likely to work?

Yes.

And they still make the commercial products designed for the same use
too. Any good lawn/garden center or agri supply should have it.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Wetting agents for onions again michael United Kingdom 0 27-04-2009 12:09 PM
Wetting agent? michael United Kingdom 4 22-04-2009 04:58 PM
Dish Detergent as a Herbicide Wetting Agent? Charles P Lamb Gardening 2 18-10-2006 03:45 PM
Water runs thru hanging basket w/o wetting the soil zxcvbob Gardening 5 29-05-2006 04:17 PM
Dish detergent question Nancy G. Orchids 2 07-02-2005 04:49 AM