Old 22-03-2003, 12:08 PM
volts500

Default Young tomato plants

"Pam" wrote in message
If you are in zone 7a (from a previous post), you've got longer than a
week before you can safely put tomatoes outside. Is your greenhouse
heated? They may even be too cold in that . I can't imagine too many parts
of the country outside of the extreme southwest that can plant tomatoes
out in March..........I'm in zone 8 and we don't even consider it until
Mother's Day..........

pam - gardengal

I'm in zone 9b....Central Florida. We planted 9 tomato seedlings on Feb.
24th. So far they are growing well and flowering.....2 ft. tall x 2 ft.
wide. 2 years ago I waited until just before Mothers day to set out
seedlings and the tomato plants and fruit later suffered from too much heat
exposure..........so I though I'd try to plant as early as possible this
year.