Old 18-10-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Loquat flowering

FairySnow wrote:
Our loquat (eriobotrya japonica) usually has a few flowers in the
autumn, but this year it has produced a huge array of sweet-smelling
flowers. We are hoping for a bumper harvest of fruits in the spring
if the winter isn't too fierce. Have other gardeners found the same
this year?

Very much so!!

I'm hoping for a crop next year too!

Last year I had 3 fruits, this year 1 but at the moment every branch is
laden with blossom and there are bees frantically working overtime! A winter
without too much harsh weather would now be nice!

pk