Old 18-10-2006, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Loquat flowering

Our loquat (eriobotrya japonica) usually has a few flowers in the autumn,
but this year it has produced a huge array of sweet-smelling flowers. We are
hoping for a bumper harvest of fruits in the spring if the winter isn't too
fierce. Have other gardeners found the same this year?

Old 18-10-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

FairySnow wrote:
Our loquat (eriobotrya japonica) usually has a few flowers in the
autumn, but this year it has produced a huge array of sweet-smelling
flowers. We are hoping for a bumper harvest of fruits in the spring
if the winter isn't too fierce. Have other gardeners found the same
this year?

Very much so!!

I'm hoping for a crop next year too!

Last year I had 3 fruits, this year 1 but at the moment every branch is
laden with blossom and there are bees frantically working overtime! A winter
without too much harsh weather would now be nice!

pk

Old 18-10-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"FairySnow" wrote
Our loquat (eriobotrya japonica) usually has a few flowers in the autumn,
but this year it has produced a huge array of sweet-smelling flowers. We
are hoping for a bumper harvest of fruits in the spring if the winter
isn't too fierce. Have other gardeners found the same this year?

It's certainly been a good year for us, Our Tahiti Lime is covered in fruit
in all stages of growth and a Lemon tree I saved from a neighbour has an
excellent crop of fruit for the first time ever.

--
Regards
Bob H

loquat trees g Texas 10 24-04-2005 01:01 AM
Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica) Spider United Kingdom 2 30-07-2004 12:57 PM
Loquat died David Hare-Scott Gardening 8 14-04-2004 08:32 AM
Loquat died David Hare-Scott Gardening 1 06-04-2004 08:55 PM
Who killed the loquat? David Hare-Scott Australia 0 22-03-2004 09:03 AM