Old 18-10-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Hatfield Jim Hatfield is offline

Default Device for compacting leaves?

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:58:41 +0100, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:

I'm looking for something which can compact the leaves down to a much
smaller volume. I have seen such things for sale in the USA:

http://www.nextag.com/Mulcher-57780851/prices-html

Is there anything like this available in the UK?

The standard leaf collectors/blowers shred and compact leaves by a good 50%.

I have a "Garden Vac" bought many years ago which collects the leaves
but doesn't compact them in any way. I realise you can get compacting
blowers/vacs these days but I didn't really want to buy another one
just to get the compacting function. But I guess that's what I'll end
up doing.

One pass last weekend filled the green wheelie bin by 50% and we are
nowhere near the peak of the season :-(