Old 19-10-2006, 05:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Aeration On The Cheap

Renting a proper aerator machine costs bucks. Plus, my yard is
relatively small and laid out oddly (partly including a 45-degree
slope, and a sunken area.)

So, would it help to just do it manually with a large fork? How
far apart, and how deep?

The soil is rather clay-ish, although thoroughly watering it
helps when digging garden beds.

I have already added lime and fertiliser in the past couple
months. And just yesterday spot-treated some broadleaf weeds
with Roundup ("Die! Diiiiieeee!") This place was neglected
before I moved in.

It is (an especially cold) springtime in this part of the world,
and I will overseed when the weather gets better in a month or
so.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/