Old 19-10-2006, 05:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Baby lemons

"Jonny" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My 2 lemon saplings, still growing in a small planters, are 4" tall.
Grown from seed.
When should I bring them in to the house?

--
Jonny

What kind? Eureka? Lisbon? Meyer?

I have a Meyer lemon tree in the yard, which does just fine in light
freezes. During hard freezes I cover it in plastic and hang an automotive
drop light from one of the lower branches.

A well-watered Meyer lemon in a planter should do fine in light freezes on
your porch. During a hard freeze, or during any freeze for another lemon
variety, you may want to bring them indoors.
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX