Old 19-10-2006, 09:39 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Baby lemons

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:26:23 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

My 2 lemon saplings, still growing in a small planters, are 4" tall. Grown
from seed.
When should I bring them in to the house?

I have a variegated Meyer's and it is okay outside all winter as long
as I water it. When we were going to have temps of 35 or lower, I
bring them (I have two in containers, four feet each) into the shed
with no extra heat. When the temps to below freezing I cover them
with light blankets and plastic on top of that. I picked a ton of
lemons this year.

We're putting the greenhouse up this year so I can sell some stock to
the locals in spring. I will try to grow cuttings of my lemons
because it seems they can't get enough to keep in stock. I'm also
growing all types of ornamental grasses and Phormium.