Old 20-10-2006, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Fungi ID

In message , Charlie Pridham
writes

I have been reading all the replies and I will not be rushing to eat any
just yet! I was just struck by how impressive they were this year (wish I
had taken a picture earlier as well to show them before they went flat)
Many thanks to all for the suggestions

Check if the ring round the stalk can be slid up and down it (on at
least some of the specimens in your swarm) - it's a Parasol feature.

Or, when you see a swarm starting (when they first come up and are
shaped like drumsticks for the bass drum in a military band)
post an urgent call for anyone in your area who can identify a Parasol
with certainty - negotiate payment in fungi for this.

If you were anywhere near Reading I'd be right there in the queue.

--
Sue ];(