Old 21-10-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Fri 3:15 pm BBC2 'Open Gardens'

In article , Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Judith Lea
writes

I had hoped to see this David but unfortunately I was unable to. Does
BBCi repeat BBC2 progs?

No - only the programmes you hope never to see again! I didn't find out
about this until Friday, too late to see it. Have searched on the
Internet sites etc but no sign of them being repeated even on Satellite
or cable.
Might have known ...................

They will be repeated - it's an excellent series, albeit inevitably
overly stage-managed for my liking...and also tending to fall into the
'Digging Deep' trap of over-sentimentalisation/exploitation of people
with chronic illnesses.

The dedicated chap with a wild/natural vegetable garden on the banks of
a raging Cumbrian river was inspirational - and great TV. Definitely
not usual NGS fare but they let him in (possibly only because the TV
cameras were there) and hopefully he will get lots of visitors next
year.