Old 21-10-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default New RHS Wisley greenhouse

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
We spent this afternoon doing a guided tour I had managed to arrange
of the new Wisley multi million pound greenhouse. It's bigger inside
than it looks from the outside, huge, it looks on a par with Kew's
biggest, and is going to be another Eden (although they don't like the
comparison). The Tropical and Temperate sections are separated by a
huge man made stone wall from which will drop a waterfall, inside the
wall is a large space for exhibitions etc. Some of the large plants
arrive next week.

Going to be worth a visit idc. when it's up and running (and matured a
bit).

I've never been to Wisley (oh the deprivation!) so it's one I look
forward to. Pictures of the new glasshouse structure look wonderful.
Sue

My 2nd hand claim to fame is that my 2nd cousin came over to Holland to look
at GH's here as he's on the committee that chose the final design :~)))))
http://www.rhs.org.uk/about/helpus/glasshouse/index.asp
Jenny