Old 22-10-2006, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default water butt leak

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
reenews.net...
question I also asked in diy group.....
other people have also had leaky Sankeys, anyone know how to fix them?
cheers

My Sankey water butt has developed a leak, a split on the base, even
though
it was standing on one of those clever expensive stands.

I tried mending it with that stuff they sell on QVC which mends leaks in
domestic plumbing, allegedly, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any
suggestions what to fix it with? Or how?

I think that you may be doomed to purchase a new one - or possibly go after
the company for a replacement. AFAIK there are not any products on the
market that would be likely to withstand the amount of pressure generated at
the bottom of a large water butt. If anyone knows different I would be
pleased to hear about such a product.

Gill M