Old 23-10-2006, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Magnolia Grandiflora seed pods

M Keville writes
My magnolia grandiflora had a wonderful crop of flowers this year. I did not
remove the seed pods and some have grown quite large - they look like
mini-pineapples and the biggest are about as big as a fist.
Should I remove them and will failure to do so inhibit flowering next year?
Thanks in advance for your help.

The idea of removing seed pods is that you should do it *before* the
plant has diverted its energy into producing them, by removing the dead
flowers.

I wouldn't have thought it made any difference to a Magnolia
grandiflora.
--
Kay