Old 24-10-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Doug is offline

Default Gardens / Squirrels

Hi,

This question is of course for next year...but I just bought a house
this summer and have spent the summer/fall getting an area in the back
yard ready for planting vegetables next year. However, as I was
working out there I saw a lot of squirrels hanging out (there's a pear
tree in a neighbors yard) and am curious if there is some way (short of
building an enclosed garden) of keeping them out of the area I have
created next year when I plant my garden? There's bunnies around too,
not as many as the squirrels, but if anyone has any suggestions on
those too that would be great.