Old 22-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Last Seasons Seeds

In article , says...
We have a ton of seeds left over from last season. They have been kept dry
and in good conditions, and I was wondering if I can use them again or if I
should scrap them and buy all new seeds??

I start a lot of seeds indoors in 1.5" pots. My habit is to plant 3
seeds in each pot the first year, four the next, and 5 the next. Then
and only then do I throw away the rest of the seeds. So far no problems.

For stuff planted directly (such as beans) I've found that the seeds are
definitely OK the second year, although with a little lower germination
rate. I haven't tried them past two years.

--
All hail King George, Ayatollah Ashcroft, and Reichsfuhrer Rumsfeld!
(And let's not forget Chairman Cheney)