Old 23-10-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Lowest (night) greenhouse temperature - still 14 degrees...

correction that should read 9.7 deg. C sorry

"cineman" wrote in message
.uk...
19.7 degrees C outdoors here in West Mids at 21-45 hrs Sunday night, thats
the coldest since June

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message

I check out the greenhouse thermometer every morning and the coldest
temperature yet recorded this autumn is still only 14 degrees C!

This is a 10ft x 8ft glass, ridge, greenhouse with no heating or
insulation.

The tomatoes are still flowering well and several sweet pepper plants
that I didn't discard are now beginning to flower again and form another
lot of baby fruits.

I guess I won't get a chance to clear out and disinfect until it becomes
absolutely vital - next March?

Regards,

Keith
Portland, Dorset.