Old 23-10-2006, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lowest (night) greenhouse temperature - still 14 degrees...

I check out the greenhouse thermometer every morning and the coldest
temperature yet recorded this autumn is still only 14 degrees C!

This is a 10ft x 8ft glass, ridge, greenhouse with no heating or insulation.

The tomatoes are still flowering well and several sweet pepper plants that I
didn't discard are now beginning to flower again and form another lot of
baby fruits.

I guess I won't get a chance to clear out and disinfect until it becomes
absolutely vital - next March?

Regards,

Keith
Portland, Dorset.

Old 23-10-2006, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message

I check out the greenhouse thermometer every morning and the coldest
temperature yet recorded this autumn is still only 14 degrees C!

Same here - in Leeds, Yorkshire!

This is a 10ft x 8ft glass, ridge, greenhouse with no heating or
insulation.

Mine's an 8 x 6 one with no frills.

The tomatoes are still flowering well and several sweet pepper plants that
I didn't discard are now beginning to flower again and form another lot of
baby fruits.

Tomatoes were/are still floweriing but I've been cutting them off, I can't
see fruits having a chance.

Mary

lowest night temp? YvonneD Orchids 9 05-12-2009 08:09 PM
What would be the lowest water temperature survivable by either Koior Goldfish? Gill Passman Ponds 15 20-02-2007 02:01 PM
Greenhouse temperature? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 0 09-02-2004 06:00 PM
Q. Lowest hardening plants temperature?????? TOM KAN PA Gardening 4 18-04-2003 04:32 PM
Minimum temperature in a greenhouse now Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 17-02-2003 04:48 PM