Old 24-10-2006, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Gardens / Squirrels

Doug wrote:

Hi,

This question is of course for next year...but I just bought a house
this summer and have spent the summer/fall getting an area in the back
yard ready for planting vegetables next year. However, as I was
working out there I saw a lot of squirrels hanging out (there's a pear
tree in a neighbors yard) and am curious if there is some way (short of
building an enclosed garden) of keeping them out of the area I have
created next year when I plant my garden? There's bunnies around too,
not as many as the squirrels, but if anyone has any suggestions on
those too that would be great.

Deer, rabbits MAY be discouraged by one of those motion activated
sprinklers.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)