Old 24-10-2006, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Invalid The Invalid is offline

Default water butt leak

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:49:40 +0100, "Oxymel of Squill"
wrote:

question I also asked in diy group.....
other people have also had leaky Sankeys, anyone know how to fix them?
cheers

My Sankey water butt has developed a leak, a split on the base, even though
it was standing on one of those clever expensive stands.

I tried mending it with that stuff they sell on QVC which mends leaks in
domestic plumbing, allegedly, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any
suggestions what to fix it with? Or how?

Sikaflex

It worked on ours